Facilities, Resources and Equipment
Our Higher Education courses are offered exclusively at our Melbourne campus. Facilities, Resources and Equipment include:
- Student Lounge – Level 5
- Library – Level 4
- Study Centre – Level 4
- Printing – Level 3, 4, 5 and 9
- PAL/Study Rooms – Level 4
- Student Computer Labs – Level 3, 4, 5 and 9
- Student Finance/Academic Services – Level 4
- Student Services – Level 5
- First Aid Room – Level 7
- Student Welfare Team (counsellors) – Level 3
- Career Assist – Level 5
- Free WiFi
- Access to Student online Learning Management System (Moodle)
CIC classrooms vary from large lecture rooms to smaller tutorial rooms; along with computer laboratories, as well as other learning support facilities it is ideal for students wanting to get the most out of their study experience.
CIC have computer labs and printing facilities on Levels 3, 4, 5 and 9. The computer lab on Level 4 is adjacent to the Library and Study Centre and is available at all times to students. The other labs are available to students when classes aren’t scheduled.
On Level 4 there is also a private study room; students are welcome to use this space for group study, PAL workshops or to meet with a student representative.
The CIC Student Lounge is located on Level 5 and is open from Monday to Friday 8.00am to 6.00pm. The CIC student lounge is a space where students can gather for social interaction, lunch, CIC events and celebrations. The Student Lounge has couches, tables, microwaves, free tea and coffee, a ping pong table and a foosball table for friendly competition.
Also on Level 5, students have free access to Student Services and on Level 3 free and confidential access to the counselling team, where they will find support services in counselling, pastoral care, advocacy support, adjustment to life in Melbourne and career assistance support. The student welfare and student services teams can assist you finding your way around the Campus and Melbourne.
The CIC Library is located on Level 4, and opening hours during Term are Monday to Thursday from 8.30am to 5.30pm and Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm.
Outside of Term, the library opening hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm.
Students can borrow books, use the photocopier and the adjacent Study Centre for personal study.
CIC offers its students online access to academic journals and full-text articles, e-books, video courses etc.
The following online resources are available to students via Moodle:
- EBSCO eBooks: business collection covering topics such as marketing, finance, supply chain management and entrepreneurship.
- ProQuest Ebook Central: business e-books covering topics such as accounting, business ethics, economic policy, capital markets, human resources, corporate culture, marketing, corporate finance, real estate and entrepreneurship.
- EBSCO databases: full-text journals in all business disciplines and also including financial data, case studies, investment research/market research/industry reports, country reports, company profiles, SWOT analyses etc.
- ProQuest databases: comprehensive coverage of the latest business, financial, management and trade information including full-text journal articles, trade articles, company information and analysis, market reports, industry reports and news.
- LinkedIn Learning: more than 3500 video tutorials by industry experts in software, creative, and business skills.